10 Inspirational Balcony Décor Ideas for Your Home
July 11, 2019
Create the perfect little getaway on your balcony or terrace - a place where you can unwind, relax and refresh. Whether you’re in a condo or a townhome recently purchased from Rosehaven Homes, treat your balcony or terrace as an extension of your indoor space. A bare space is a great way to get your creative juices flowing. Don’t know where to begin? Here are some helpful hints and ideas to get you started.
- Begin with a great outdoor rug to anchor your furniture, whether it’s a single chair, a bistro table or a two-seater couch. Most garden centre retailers carry a wide selection of outdoor rugs that can amp up the look and feel of your floor. To create a cozy natural feel, you can opt for wood floating tiles that sit on top of the balcony floor. Either will add both colour and texture.
- Decide on how you want the space to function. If it’s a reading corner or a place you want to have your weekend morning coffee, consider a comfy chair or a bistro table. Create a special nook with some plants and battery-operated candles where you can unwind on warm summer evenings.
- Be sure to add some decorative pillows to add a splash of colour and texture.
- Use vertical shelving for small décor items such as plants, candles, and other knick-knacks. A slat wall can hold quite a few items so be sure to explore that option on at least one wall.
- Add lighting. Hanging twinkle lights or bringing out an outdoor lamp will create a relaxing mood for evenings on your balcony.
- Hang a Chair or Hammock – You may be in the city, but there’s no reason your balcony can’t feel like you’re on vacation. A hanging chair or hammock create a laid-back vibe. Be sure to check with your condo management board to see if you can do this.
- Opt for folding furniture – If you’re short on space, try installing furniture that can be tucked or folded away when not in use. Folding furniture disappears to free up floor space.
- Create privacy with plants or screens. If you’re open to other balconies, create some privacy with hanging baskets, or hang plants off your railing. Consider some bamboo blinds that can be raised when not in use. if you are not permitted to hang items look for a standing bamboo divider. They’re great for blocking the sun yet still allow air to flow through.
- Surround yourself with flowers. You may not have room for a dining area (or even a chair), but there’s always space for flowers. Install planters along the balcony railing to sweeten your view and add to your condo’s curb appeal.
- Most of all, keep it simple. You don’t want to feel like there isn’t room for you after you’ve set up all your decorations!
Visit https://www.rosehavenhomes.com/new-homes/now-open/ for beautiful condo and townhome options in the following great communities:: Trendy Kiwi Condos in Hamilton, Odyssey Condos in scenic Grimsby which are 50% sold, or Affinity Condos in beautiful Burlington.
A Guide to Condo Etiquette
Common courtesy isn’t necessarily common knowledge Messiness, unpleasant odours, loud music, generalized disregard for fellow residents—all of it can make a condominium an unpleasant place to live. But there are other matters of etiquette that may be less obvious to new condo dwellers. Her...Read More
Phase 3 of Urban Towndominiums Coming Soon
We at Rosehaven Homes are very pleased to announce the launch of the third phase of our Urban Towndominiums at The Neighbourhoods of Mount Pleasant in Brampton. These award-winning stacked townhomes range from 900 to over 1,200 square feet and come with two- and three-bedroom options. They are o...Read More
Rosehaven’s Spring 2021 Newsletter
Rosehaven is thrilled to announce several new releases coming in 2021. The Vincent Condominiums is our new hotel-inspired condo community set to tower over the energy of the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre. With two towers, more than 750 plush suites, an elegantly appointed lobby, and array of ameniti...Read More