10 Inspirational Balcony Décor Ideas for Your Home
July 11, 2019
Create the perfect little getaway on your balcony or terrace - a place where you can unwind, relax and refresh. Whether you’re in a condo or a townhome recently purchased from Rosehaven Homes, treat your balcony or terrace as an extension of your indoor space. A bare space is a great way to get your creative juices flowing. Don’t know where to begin? Here are some helpful hints and ideas to get you started.
- Begin with a great outdoor rug to anchor your furniture, whether it’s a single chair, a bistro table or a two-seater couch. Most garden centre retailers carry a wide selection of outdoor rugs that can amp up the look and feel of your floor. To create a cozy natural feel, you can opt for wood floating tiles that sit on top of the balcony floor. Either will add both colour and texture.
- Decide on how you want the space to function. If it’s a reading corner or a place you want to have your weekend morning coffee, consider a comfy chair or a bistro table. Create a special nook with some plants and battery-operated candles where you can unwind on warm summer evenings.
- Be sure to add some decorative pillows to add a splash of colour and texture.
- Use vertical shelving for small décor items such as plants, candles, and other knick-knacks. A slat wall can hold quite a few items so be sure to explore that option on at least one wall.
- Add lighting. Hanging twinkle lights or bringing out an outdoor lamp will create a relaxing mood for evenings on your balcony.
- Hang a Chair or Hammock – You may be in the city, but there’s no reason your balcony can’t feel like you’re on vacation. A hanging chair or hammock create a laid-back vibe. Be sure to check with your condo management board to see if you can do this.
- Opt for folding furniture – If you’re short on space, try installing furniture that can be tucked or folded away when not in use. Folding furniture disappears to free up floor space.
- Create privacy with plants or screens. If you’re open to other balconies, create some privacy with hanging baskets, or hang plants off your railing. Consider some bamboo blinds that can be raised when not in use. if you are not permitted to hang items look for a standing bamboo divider. They’re great for blocking the sun yet still allow air to flow through.
- Surround yourself with flowers. You may not have room for a dining area (or even a chair), but there’s always space for flowers. Install planters along the balcony railing to sweeten your view and add to your condo’s curb appeal.
- Most of all, keep it simple. You don’t want to feel like there isn’t room for you after you’ve set up all your decorations!
Visit https://www.rosehavenhomes.com/new-homes/now-open/ for beautiful condo and townhome options in the following great communities:: Trendy Kiwi Condos in Hamilton, Odyssey Condos in scenic Grimsby which are 50% sold, or Affinity Condos in beautiful Burlington.
Building Your Home Has Been Our Passion For 30 Years
Over the last 30 years, Rosehaven Homes has grown from a modest family business to one of the top home builders in Southern Ontario. Started in 1992 by brothers Marco and Silvio Guglietti, they built the foundation of Rosehaven Homes on innovation, creativity, hard work, and most importantly, passio...Read More
Rosehaven Fresh Winter 2022 Newsletter
Rosehaven is thrilled to be celebrating 30 years as one of the GTA’s top homebuilders. We’ve built our reputation on superb construction quality and unparalleled customer service. This year, we’re excited to bring more of our signature premier homes back to new communities in Sout...Read More
What to Look for in a Condo When You Have a Dog
Do you have a furry friend? Are you in the market for a new condo? Trying to find a home when you have a dog can sometimes limit your search. Maybe you found your dream condo, but the rules say no pets allowed. It is important to check with your listing agent to confirm whether there are any restri...Read More