10 Inspirational Balcony Décor Ideas for Your Home
July 11, 2019
Create the perfect little getaway on your balcony or terrace - a place where you can unwind, relax and refresh. Whether you’re in a condo or a townhome recently purchased from Rosehaven Homes, treat your balcony or terrace as an extension of your indoor space. A bare space is a great way to get your creative juices flowing. Don’t know where to begin? Here are some helpful hints and ideas to get you started.
- Begin with a great outdoor rug to anchor your furniture, whether it’s a single chair, a bistro table or a two-seater couch. Most garden centre retailers carry a wide selection of outdoor rugs that can amp up the look and feel of your floor. To create a cozy natural feel, you can opt for wood floating tiles that sit on top of the balcony floor. Either will add both colour and texture.
- Decide on how you want the space to function. If it’s a reading corner or a place you want to have your weekend morning coffee, consider a comfy chair or a bistro table. Create a special nook with some plants and battery-operated candles where you can unwind on warm summer evenings.
- Be sure to add some decorative pillows to add a splash of colour and texture.
- Use vertical shelving for small décor items such as plants, candles, and other knick-knacks. A slat wall can hold quite a few items so be sure to explore that option on at least one wall.
- Add lighting. Hanging twinkle lights or bringing out an outdoor lamp will create a relaxing mood for evenings on your balcony.
- Hang a Chair or Hammock – You may be in the city, but there’s no reason your balcony can’t feel like you’re on vacation. A hanging chair or hammock create a laid-back vibe. Be sure to check with your condo management board to see if you can do this.
- Opt for folding furniture – If you’re short on space, try installing furniture that can be tucked or folded away when not in use. Folding furniture disappears to free up floor space.
- Create privacy with plants or screens. If you’re open to other balconies, create some privacy with hanging baskets, or hang plants off your railing. Consider some bamboo blinds that can be raised when not in use. if you are not permitted to hang items look for a standing bamboo divider. They’re great for blocking the sun yet still allow air to flow through.
- Surround yourself with flowers. You may not have room for a dining area (or even a chair), but there’s always space for flowers. Install planters along the balcony railing to sweeten your view and add to your condo’s curb appeal.
- Most of all, keep it simple. You don’t want to feel like there isn’t room for you after you’ve set up all your decorations!
Visit https://www.rosehavenhomes.com/new-homes/now-open/ for beautiful condo and townhome options in the following great communities:: Trendy Kiwi Condos in Hamilton, Odyssey Condos in scenic Grimsby which are 50% sold, or Affinity Condos in beautiful Burlington.
Summer Inventory Program Special Offer is Still On: Act Now!
Take a S.I.P. with Rosehaven Homes and save $50,000*! Cool off this summer and take advantage of a limited time offer by Rosehaven Homes. We invite you to take the leap and experience the excitement of owning a brand-new, quick closing, move-in ready home. A $50,000-dollar savings can be yours on s...Read More
Optimize Your Condo Space with Rosehaven Homes
Condo living offers a simpler and more convenient lifestyle. Some people require time to adjust to a suite that may at first seem like it’s a little on the small side, but there are many easy, creative and fun solutions that can help make the adjustment simple and enjoyable. If you need some t...Read More
Live the Suite Life at KiWi Condos in Hamilton
Live in the trendiest community in Hamilton! Introducing KiWi Condos, a very cool 14-storey building coming May 2019. This is an iconic new development situated in the heart of Hamilton’s urban art scene. Located at 212 King William Street, this area is in the centre of all the hype. Rosehaven...Read More