Your Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
September 28, 2020
While the falling leaves are a beautiful sight to see, you want to ensure your yard remains well-maintained. The sooner you begin prepping your home for the cooler weather, the more time you have to enjoy the delightful activities that the season brings. Completing these household duties can save you on costly repairs in the future.
At Rosehaven Homes, our passion is helping you find a home that is comfortable and functional for years to come. Check these 5 tasks off your to-do list:
- Clean Gutters: Cleaning out leaves and debris that have accumulated in your gutters will ensure proper drainage. Not only does the blockage prevent water flow, but the rubble can weigh down on the gutters and create a serious safety issue.
- Check for Drafts Keep the cold air outside. If you feel a breeze while sitting in your living room, then there might be cracks on your windows that need caulking. The best part of the cooler seasons is staying cozy inside with a warm drink. You are not going to be enjoying yourself if you have cold air seeping in throughout the fall and winter.
- Fix Cracks in the Driveway Do a quick walk up and down your driveway to check for cracks. You don’t want water getting inside and creating ice pockets when the temperature drops. The build-up of dirt, if left in the cracks, can also lead to mold, regardless of the temperatures, and damage on your driveway. As a final touch, purchase a sealant that will smooth out any bumps for extra precaution.
- Fertilize Lawn Flowers may bloom in the spring but for that to happen they need a healthy lawn. Whether you have a spacious backyard or a small terrace with a patch of grass, it is important to feed your soil with proper nutrients to prepare for the winter. During the colder months, the grassroots absorb and store the fertilizer to stay strong and healthy.
- Replace Batteries Test all your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are working properly. Replace old batteries, fire systems, and other household safety kits you have inside. It is a good idea to keep spares of everything just in case of an emergency.
Once you have completed your home checklist, then you can curl up on your couch and enjoy the fall foliage outside. It’s time to make your home feel like your own.
Rosehaven Homes builds master-planned communities in the most desirable areas across the GTA. If you’re dreaming of living in a quality crafted single-detached, semi-detached, townhome or condo, then register on our website. For more information on our upcoming communities situated in Bradford, Oakville, or Stoney Creek, visit https://www.rosehavenhomes.com/new-homes/coming-soon/
A Guide to Condo Etiquette
Common courtesy isn’t necessarily common knowledge Messiness, unpleasant odours, loud music, generalized disregard for fellow residents—all of it can make a condominium an unpleasant place to live. But there are other matters of etiquette that may be less obvious to new condo dwellers. Her...Read More
Phase 3 of Urban Towndominiums Coming Soon
We at Rosehaven Homes are very pleased to announce the launch of the third phase of our Urban Towndominiums at The Neighbourhoods of Mount Pleasant in Brampton. These award-winning stacked townhomes range from 900 to over 1,200 square feet and come with two- and three-bedroom options. They are o...Read More
Rosehaven’s Spring 2021 Newsletter
Rosehaven is thrilled to announce several new releases coming in 2021. The Vincent Condominiums is our new hotel-inspired condo community set to tower over the energy of the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre. With two towers, more than 750 plush suites, an elegantly appointed lobby, and array of ameniti...Read More