Your Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
September 28, 2020
While the falling leaves are a beautiful sight to see, you want to ensure your yard remains well-maintained. The sooner you begin prepping your home for the cooler weather, the more time you have to enjoy the delightful activities that the season brings. Completing these household duties can save you on costly repairs in the future.
At Rosehaven Homes, our passion is helping you find a home that is comfortable and functional for years to come. Check these 5 tasks off your to-do list:
- Clean Gutters: Cleaning out leaves and debris that have accumulated in your gutters will ensure proper drainage. Not only does the blockage prevent water flow, but the rubble can weigh down on the gutters and create a serious safety issue.
- Check for Drafts Keep the cold air outside. If you feel a breeze while sitting in your living room, then there might be cracks on your windows that need caulking. The best part of the cooler seasons is staying cozy inside with a warm drink. You are not going to be enjoying yourself if you have cold air seeping in throughout the fall and winter.
- Fix Cracks in the Driveway Do a quick walk up and down your driveway to check for cracks. You don’t want water getting inside and creating ice pockets when the temperature drops. The build-up of dirt, if left in the cracks, can also lead to mold, regardless of the temperatures, and damage on your driveway. As a final touch, purchase a sealant that will smooth out any bumps for extra precaution.
- Fertilize Lawn Flowers may bloom in the spring but for that to happen they need a healthy lawn. Whether you have a spacious backyard or a small terrace with a patch of grass, it is important to feed your soil with proper nutrients to prepare for the winter. During the colder months, the grassroots absorb and store the fertilizer to stay strong and healthy.
- Replace Batteries Test all your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are working properly. Replace old batteries, fire systems, and other household safety kits you have inside. It is a good idea to keep spares of everything just in case of an emergency.
Once you have completed your home checklist, then you can curl up on your couch and enjoy the fall foliage outside. It’s time to make your home feel like your own.
Rosehaven Homes builds master-planned communities in the most desirable areas across the GTA. If you’re dreaming of living in a quality crafted single-detached, semi-detached, townhome or condo, then register on our website. For more information on our upcoming communities situated in Bradford, Oakville, or Stoney Creek, visit https://www.rosehavenhomes.com/new-homes/coming-soon/
What to Look for in a Condo When You Have a Dog
Do you have a furry friend? Are you in the market for a new condo? Trying to find a home when you have a dog can sometimes limit your search. Maybe you found your dream condo, but the rules say no pets allowed. It is important to check with your listing agent to confirm whether there are any restri...Read More
Rosehaven’s Summer/Fall 2021 Newsletter
Our passion is reaching new heights in the condominium community. The Vincent is a new hotel-inspired condo community set to tower over the energy of the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre. It’s located just moments from the city’s major transit hubs, the VMC subway station, as well as lush gr...Read More
A New Condo Owner’s Guide to Maintenance Fees
A maintenance fee is a monthly expense that every condo owner pays. They tend to range from $.30/sq.ft to $1.00/sq.ft depending on factors such as the age of the building, the location, utilities, and the amenities. Maintenance fees are broken down into two categories: the condominium’s annua...Read More